The steps to enable or disable the Smart Connect feature on the nighthawk Mesh wi-fi range extender are given here in this post. You must read the steps carefully as if any step missed by chance may put you in further trouble.
To enable or disable the Smart connect feature:
- Open a web browser from your laptop or computer that is linked to the extender SSID.
- Login to the extender page by entering the default login address. If the one wifi feature is not enabled, then enter Mywifiext and press ‘Enter’. If www.mywifiext.net not working, then you can follow the below-mentioned links.
- From windows OS: Enter Mywifiext simply with no suffix or prefix.
- For Mac or iOS devices: Enter Mywifiext.local.
- Android devices: If you are using android based smartphone or tablet, then enter the IP address of your extender i.e. 220.127.116.11. If you need further information related to setup, you can click on ‘How to setup Netgear WiFi extender’ link.
- If the login is successful or the page opens, then you will find two fields on the screen. Enter the username and password in these two fields.
- Tap ‘Login’.
- The status page will appear. Go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wireless’.
- Here, you will find the ‘Smart Connect’ feature, click on the radio button to enable it. To enable Smart to connect feature, one important thing is the SSID and password. It must be the same for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency.
- If you want to disable this feature, then directly select ‘No’ from the option. After disabling this feature, you can set different SSID and password for your range extender from the login page.
- Tap ‘Save’ to apply the changes.
- The settings are now saved.
The process is all about enabling or disabling the smart connect feature on Mesh wi-fi nighthawk range extender. We hope you find these steps useful for your home network. If you need any further help and support, get in touch with the team of technical experts.